2 Dec 2015

Review: Vego Whole Hazelnut Chocolate Bar - finally a chocolate bar that tastes like Nutella!


The Vego Hazelnut Chocolate Bar is a whopping 65g of delicious hazelnut flavoured chocolate goodness. The bar I tried is actually called the Vego Mini, despite being twice the size of regular chocolate bars, presumably because there is also a 150g Vego bar available - I need to get my hands on that one!

The ingredients list is a short one and consists mainly of cane sugar, whole hazelnuts, cocoa mass, hazelnut paste and cocoa butter. The chocolate bar itself is very thick and consists of two massive chunks. I loved the texture of the chocolate here, it's quite soft and fudgey and melts in the mouth easily. The flavour is excellent, plenty of rich cocoa that is perfectly paired with a strong hazelnut flavour. The overall taste really did remind me of Nutella! Even though the cocoa flavour is a little 'darker' than Nutella, honestly, it's just as delicious.  Completing the whole experience there are a few whole hazelnuts added into the chocolate - providing a lovely crunch and even more hazelnut flavour.

All of my family were super impressed with the Vego Hazelnut Chocolate bar, they all compared it to Nutella and wanted to try it again. I'm hoping that I find a box of these under my tree on Christmas day!

Grocery Gems Verdict: Vego Whole Hazelnut Chocolate Bar Mini

RATING: 10 out of 10.
Buy them again?: Yes - loved it!
Nutrition: 591 calories per 100g.
Purchased: The Vegan Tuck Box.
Price: £1.80p.


6 comments:

  1. I got sent this bar from ethical mega store and absolutely loved it! ! I agree it is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's awesome! I can't wait to read your review! :)

      Delete
  2. I'm adding this to my hit list! Now I just wish they made a bar with nuts and raisins... I miss fruit and nut bars.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going to have to try one of these I think!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...