16 Jan 2016

Review: Walkers Max Cheeseburger Flavour Crisps


I've mentioned before on this blog that I have a peculiar obsession with cheeseburger flavoured crisps. It's such an unusual flavour for crisps and if I see a packet then I always have to buy it. I'm pretty sure this obsession started with the release of the Walkers American Cheeseburger flavour to coincide with the 2010 World Cup (one of my favourite crisp campaigns ever). Anyway, I was ridiculously excited to see a new Cheeseburger flavour from Walkers, this time under their Max Deep Ridged Taste range.


The crisps are thick cut (although not too thick) with a ridged appearance. There is plenty of visible seasoning on each crisp. The flavour here is just as I remembered, and just as delicious, with a combination of cheese, meat and pickles being the dominant flavours. The overall taste is just like cheeseburgers in crisp form, and the seasoning is just spot on. I especially love the sweet gherkin flavour that comes through at the end. I really hope these are here to stay and are not a limited edition!


I found the Walkers Max Cheeseburger flavour in a local newsagents where they had a large new display for them. The bags are 50g so they're larger than the usual packet of Walkers but I hope they will be available in multipacks with smaller bags soon. There is also a Flame Grilled Steak flavour and a Paprika flavour available in the Walkers Max range. If you've tried these then let us know what you thought in the comments below!

Grocery Gems Review: Walkers Max Cheeseburger Flavour Crisps

RATING: 9 out of 10.
Buy them again?: Yes.
Nutrition (per 50g serving)
266 calories.
PurchasedLocal newsagent.
Price: £0.69p for 50g.




6 comments:

  1. OMG! i was contemplating driving to france to get some more of these (i've been craving them since i had them in 2014!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not sure how I feel about Cheeseburger flavour crispies.. It doesn't seem natural like how all the other "normal" flavours are, of course lol! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. need to find some! its rreally hard to find this brand. i love the paprika ones, so i expect i will love these. i might go looking in the weird paper shop tomorrow....

    ReplyDelete
  4. ha ha - well done weird paper shop, they had them :-) i bought 2 packets for £1 on offer. I approve, i think they are nicer than some other burger type crisps, as you say it has the mix of flavour right not just BEEF BEEF BEEF. I'm glad i got these instead of the cheap out of date 10p crisps from the market (still good tho!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brilliant! Glad you found them :)

      New Walkers flavours always seem to pop up in the newsagents first. 2 for £1 is not a bad deal either.

      Delete
  5. They taste of pickled gherkins no taste of cheese burger at all . Yuck it is a no from our family

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...