24 Nov 2014

Alpro Gingerbread Man Desserts


I'm a fan of the Alpro range of vegan desserts (my favourite is the dark chocolate one) and I was pleased to see a new Gingerbread Man flavour released. No, that's not a typo - these are not just Gingerbread flavoured - they're Gingerbread MAN flavoured. This new flavour has been out for a while now and I first mentioned them in this post HERE


Each 125g pot has 108 calories and is free from dairy, gluten and wheat. 


There have been lots of delicious gingerbread treats released in the last few months and this Alpro Gingerbread Man dessert is certainly another welcome addition. The texture is creamy and thick, yet not too heavy. The gingerbread flavour here is very sweet and quite subtle on the spices - there are hints of cinnamon and ginger but they are not as strong as I was expecting. Instead the flavour here leans more towards the actual biscuit flavour of gingerbread, with a lovely browned sugar and caramelised flavour coming through. Even though I would have preferred a bit more of the ginger heat and spices, I'll still be stocking up on a few more packs of Alpro Gingerbread Man for Christmas.

Grocery Gems Verdict: Alpro Gingerbread Man

RATING: 8 out of 10.
Buy them again?: Yes.
Nutrition (per 125g): 108 calories.
Vegetarian: Suitable for vegetarians and vegans.
Purchased: Tesco.
Price: £1.40p.

1 comment:

  1. I ate only vanilla version but this flavour must be ideal for me! I love gingerbread :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...