12 Sept 2014

New Milky Way Magic Stars Cookies (and Bounty, Galaxy and Jaffa Cookies at Tesco too!)


Tesco have expanded their range of instore baked cookies to include some popular chocolate brands; Bounty, Galaxy, and Milky Way Magic Stars. I bought the latter as a little treat for my kids - I still have an M&S cheesecake to finish!


There are ten Milky Way Magic Stars cookies in each pack. They're described as "mini" but are still a decent size for a biscuit, although they are much smaller than the usual supermarket instore bakery cookies. It's an ideal size for kids or for portion control. The cookies themselves have a very soft and chewy texture without any crunch or snap. So soft and chewy that I could bend the cookie into an arch shape without it breaking! It's almost as if they have had nougat or marshmallow mixed into the cookie dough. I would have preferred a bit more crunch to go with the chewiness. The flavour profile here is quite basic but my kids really enjoyed them nonetheless. There wasn't really anything about the flavour that reminded me of Milky Way in particular - they're just extremely sweet (and chewy!) sugary cookies with milk chocolate star shaped pieces. 


Being a coconut fan, I was of course tempted to buy the Bounty cookies aswell, but as these cookies are all freshly baked they don't have a very long shelf life - I'll have to save them for another day.


A quick photo of the Galaxy Cookies and (non branded) Jaffa Cookies. Let me know in the comments below if you've tried any of these!

Grocery Gems Verdict: Milky Way Magic Stars Cookies

RATING: 7 out of 10 (kids' verdict!).
Buy them again?: Next it's Bounty time!
Nutrition: 53 calories per cookie.
Purchased: Tesco.
Price: £1.00p.


8 comments:

  1. I want the Bounty ones! I imagine the Galaxy would be a little boring, I find Galaxy chocolate is a bit too sweet these days. I wonder what's in the Jaffa Cake ones...would be nice if they had bits of dried orange but I suppose it'll just be orange flavoured chocolate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not really a fan of Galaxy chocolate either. I like the hot chocolate but not the actual chocolate bars.

      Definitely trying the Bounty ones next. I wish the rest of my family liked coconut as much as me!

      Delete
  2. I want the Bounty ones too!!! How on earth did you manage to resist them?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jo, you should see the contents of my fridge at the moment lol... I have TWO M&S cheesecakes to eat over the weekend (with the help of hubby and other family hopefully!). I shouldn't even be LOOKING at the bakery aisle.

      If the Bounty cookies had a longer shelf life and I could have eaten one to review and saved the rest for another day then believe me I would have bought them. I'll be back there early next week to pick them up though, I just couldn't wait that long to let you all know about them :)

      Delete
  3. I tried the bounty ones today! They so good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great! I'm really looking forward to trying them soon :)

      Delete
  4. OMG! I want this <3 I want to try Milky Way, Galaxy but Bounty looks good. In Poland we haven't got this :< I want live in UK now :D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...