17 May 2014

Review: Reese's Crispy Crunchy


Peanut butter fans - this one is for you. I thought I had tried just about every Reese's peanut butter confection available but turns out I was wrong and somehow this Crispy Crunchy had managed to pass me by. Thank you to the lovely people at Monster Sweets who recently sent me this American chocolate bar bar to try out. 


It's described as a crispy treat made with chocolate, Reese's peanut butter, peanut butter candy and peanuts. Sounds like a veritable peanut overload!


The centre is made up of layered of crispy peanut brittle, this is surrounded by a thin layer of creamy peanut butter, and the whole thing is wrapped up in a thick layer of chocolate embedded with peanuts. As it's name would suggest there are lots of different textures going on here. The crunch from the outer peanut pieces, creamy smoothness from the outer chocolate, and lots of crispy-then-turns-chewy from the inner layers.


I enjoyed the full on peanut butter flavour here too, there is a lovely sweet and salty nature to this bar that is always a winner with me. However, I did find the inner peanut brittle layer a bit too sweet and it seemed determined to get stuck in my teeth! The chocolate itself was fine, creamy and of course very sweet, but still provides a decent background for the peanut butter flavour. Overall, the Reese's Crispy Crunch is definitely worth a try if you're in need to satisfy a sugary craving and it's certainly one I would try again.

Product sent for an honest review. 

Grocery Gems Verdict: Reese's Crispy Crunch

RATING: 7.5 out of 10.
Buy it again?: Yes.
Purchased: Available at Monster Sweets
Price: £1.25p.

4 comments:

  1. You titled the blog crispy crunch, which is actually a cadbury bar from canada. It has the same peanut buttery concept, maybe you should review it if you ever find one :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for this, I had no idea the Cadbury Crispy Crunch existed! It's available from CyberCandy here in the UK (just seen it online) so I'll try to pick one up soon! :)

      Delete
  2. Gosh this looks delicious
    , great review :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...