26 May 2014

New Starbucks Mocha Coconut Frappuccino (UK)


I was ridiculously excited when I heard about this new Mocha Coconut Frappuccino for Summer 2014. Not only is it coconut flavoured (already a winner with me!) but I don't think any of the major coffee shops can rival Starbucks for their Frappuccino blended ice drinks - they're just so good on a hot day. The Mocha Coconut Frappuccino is a blend of mocha sauce, coconut syrup and ice which is topped with cream (although mine is without), chocolate drizzle and coconut flakes. 


Here's the official photo with cream, as mine looks a bit flat! Even without the cream my Frappuccino was still generously topped with lots of toasted coconut and chocolate sauce. The flavour was absolutely delicious, with both the coconut and chocolate blending together to create a sweet coconut heaven. I had high hopes for this drink and it more than matched my expectations. In fact, since first trying the Mocha Coconut Frappuccino I have already been back twice more to get another refreshing coconut hit. This is quite something considering last year I probably had three Frappccinos in total during the whole summer. It's safe to say I'm now hooked! 

Grocery Gems Rating: 9 out of 10.


There are also a few new cakes and pastries for summer including this new Raspberry Croissant, which I can't resist just mentioning here. It's a croissant with a raspberry jam filling, decorated with icing and dried raspberries - and it's lovely too!



4 comments:

  1. Yum - I love anything coconut flavoured! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. After switching to Costa for its brilliant Christmas menu, Starbucks has won me back with this coconut flavour!

      Delete
  2. I saw this advertised in the window a couple of weeks back but it was too cold for a frappuccino so I asked for a coconut latte instead - it was very good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great idea Ned! Thanks for the tip, I'll try that instead next time :)

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...