22 May 2014

M&S Passion Fruit & Peach Jaffa Cakes


These Passion Fruit & Peach Jaffa Cakes are part of the new M&S Summer of Flavour range. As a fan of Jaffa Cakes I couldn't resist giving these a try! They're traditional sponge cakes topped with a passion fruit and peach jam filling, half covered in dark chocolate.


This is my first time buying M&S Jaffa Cakes and I was quite surprised by how thin they are compared to regular Jaffa Cakes. However, the smaller size means there are only 45 calories per cake (or should that be biscuit?).


Each rectangular shaped biscuit has thin layers of sponge, filling and chocolate. All the basic elements are tasty and well done here but it's peach and passion fruit flavour that I was really interested in. The passion fruit was immediately evident and is quite tangy, however I couldn't really detect any peach flavour itself. Taste wise they were actually very similar to to a regular Jaffa Cake but with a slightly tropical edge. I think because the layer of filling is so thin, some of the flavour gets lost. Still worth a try if you're a fan of Jaffa Cakes and I really hope to see more interesting flavours like this from other makers of Jaffa Cakes.

Grocery Gems Verdict: M&S Passion Fruit & Peach Jaffa Cakes

Rating: 7 out of 10
Nutrition: 45 calories per cake.
Vegetarian: Suitable for vegetarians. 
Purchased: Marks & Spencer.
Price: £1.49 (two packs).

9 comments:

  1. Sounds a little disappointing. I was looking at the all the new Summer stuff in M&S today and a lot of it seems to be various fruity variations with a summer label slapped on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like that it's more tropical based this year rather than the usual "Great British Summer" flavours from M&S.

      Delete
  2. These look great. I'm a little bit addicted to the summer of flavour range at the moment - I think because the tropical and eastern flavours are my kind of flavours. These look right up my street too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed, it's a really nice range this year. I've definitely got my eye on a few more of the Summer of Flavour products :)

      Delete
  3. Passion fruit and peach.... And chocolate, sounds perfecto! Just needs to ditch the sponge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! We really do need a passion fruit and peach chocolate bar on the market!

      Delete
  4. Oh I wish I'd read your review before I bought these today. I'm an absolute maniac with the regular orange flavoured posh jaffas and usually find I need the packet wrestled from me to stop me eating them in one go but these new ones sound a bit - meh! On the upside maybe I'll develop some restraint in stopping at one or two!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol don't worry I think you'll still really enjoy them! They're just not as epic as I was expecting but the flavours are all good :)

      Delete
  5. I find the jelly in the M&S orange Jaffa Cakes is just too soft. Still nice & tasty, but McVities are the best, and you can do the 'edge nibble' on them too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...