21 May 2014

Kit Kat Chunky Orange Limited Edition


Yesterday I posted a round up of lots of exciting new products being released for summer 2014. It's a shame I couldn't get as excited about the latest Limited Edition in the Nestlé Kit Kat range - the Orange Chunky. It's not that I'm unhappy to see the return of the Orange Chunky (it was around as recently as 2012 in the Choose a Chunky Champion promotion), far from it, and I'm sure chocolate orange fans will be glad too. It's just that it seems such an average flavour - surely this should just be part of their standard Chunky line up rather than a regularly trotted out "limited" variety? A tropical inspired Pineapple & Coconut or Peach & Passion Fruit would have been a much better limited edition choice for 2014! If it's going to be limited then surely that gives scope for being a bit braver and testing the waters?


Anyway, I'll get off my soapbox now. Funnily enough, I don't think I ever tried the Kit Kat Chunky Orange previously so I decided to give one a try this time (although I have already tried the Orange Kit Kat two finger bars that are always available!).


And it has to be said that the Kit Kat Chunky Orange is a very tasty chocolate bar. The outer chocolate has a lovely orange flavour that is quite zesty and fruity, and thankfully not too sweet. This orange flavour is well matched by the creamy milk chocolate and tempered by the plain inner wafers. Even though I'm not usually a fan of chocolate orange as a combination, I really did enjoy all the flavours here. It should definitely be part of the permanent range of Kit Kat Chunky rather than a limited edition!

Grocery Gems Verdict: Kit Kat Chunky Orange

RATING FOR FLAVOUR: 7 out of 10
RATING AS A LIMITED EDITION: 0 out of 10!
Buy them again?:  Probably not.
Nutrition per bar: 245 calories.

Vegetarian: Yes.
Purchased: Local newsagents. 
Price: 69p.


4 comments:

  1. Agree totally about the meh-ness of orange chocolate as a 'special' edition.

    Loved your last post re: summer round up of all the new goodies. This is going to be a bumper one. I was in a supermarket today and picked up a box of Smokey Bacon POPCORN!!!! I like smokey bacon crisps so obviously I had to pick this up. Yet to try it but mind still boggling at all the popcorn variants. Have you reviewed this in an earlier post and if so should I be looking forward to tasting this??

    Feeling very guilty as I told two colleagues about the whole earth hazelnut choc spread even though I warned them how addictive it is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's also going to be a strawberries and cream popcorn so I've heard :)

      Delete
    2. Popcorn has gone right posh these days with all these flavours. Do you know who is bringing this version out?

      I still lust after the flavoursome white cheese version sold in Ireland. The only drawback with popcorn is that the little slivers of corn shell always embed themselves under my gum so it is a bit more high maintenance as a snack.

      Delete
    3. Smokey Bacon Popcorn? Why didn't I know about this?! I haven't tried it but I'd love to - which supermarket was it from? Strawberries & Cream sounds good too!

      lol at the popcorn being high maintenance. Glad I'm not the only one with the same problem! :)

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...