5 May 2014

Cadbury Roses Pots of Joy Strawberry Dream & my 2nd Blogaversary!


Grocery Gems is now two years old! I can't quite believe that's it's been a whole two years since I first decided to start writing a blog about snacks. Cadbury Roses are often used for celebrations so I thought it was apt to save this review of the new Pots of Joy Strawberry Dream for today. This is the latest in a fairly rapidly expanding variety of flavours for the Cadbury Pots of Joy range. 


The Strawberry Dream is described as a smooth and creamy dessert made with melted Cadbury milk chocolate and a layer of strawberry flavour fondant.


The texture of the dessert is the same as the rest of the Pots of Joy range, silky smooth and velvety. The chocolate flavour is unmistakeably Cadbury with a super sweet smoothness. Underneath is a delicious strawberry fondant layer that tastes like a creamier, and thankfully less sugary sweet, version of the strawberry Cadbury Roses chocolate. Even though these Pots of Joy desserts are ridiculously calorific (especially considering how small they are) I still find myself buying the new editions - they're always so tasty!

Thank you to everyone who reads this blog, and to all my blogging friends too - your support and comments really do keep me going. I hope I haven't tempted you too much with all these chocolate reviews over the past two years! :)

Grocery Gems Verdict: Cadbury Roses Strawberry Dream Pots of Joy

RATING: 8 out of 10.
Buy them again?: Probably.
Nutrition (per 70g)
160 calories.
Vegetarian: No - contain pork gelatin!
Purchased: Asda.
Price: £2.00p for 4 pack (buy 2 for £3.00).



11 comments:

  1. Happy 2nd Blogaversary Katherine! :)

    I found these Pots of Joy a bit too sweet, though still nice. I still have one in my fridge for when I need a sugar hit lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kev!

      These are very sweet but it helps that they are such little pots.

      Delete
  2. Happy Anniversary. I'm still fairly new to your blog but love finding new things so loving reading your posts.

    These high cal pots sound gorgeous as I love the strawberry dream in Roses. My hips will hate them but I think the rest of me might disagree.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!

      I can see why these desserts are so small. If they were as big as a regular yogurt pot they would be pushing 300 calories. Your tastebuds will be very happy though :)

      Delete
  3. Happy Blogaversary to my favourite blog! You know I love Grocery Gems :) Totally looking forward to everything you will post in the future, Katherine! :D

    I'm super jealous you have Cadbury desserts over in the UK! I love pudding and really need every variety of these Pots of Joy in my life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Steffi! It really means a lot to me :) Our snack swap was the highlight of my year, it was just awesome!

      Do they have any Milka themed desserts in Germany? They really should copy these from Cadbury!

      Delete
    2. Yes it really was awesome! What a shame I've already eaten everything haha.

      And no, we have no Milka desserts! Danone recently launched Mars, Twix, Bounty and Snickers inspired yogurts (a bit like the Müller Corner ones) . They suck though. The little Mars pieces for example are way too cold and hard and taste like almost nothing.

      Delete
    3. Lo,I don't have anything left from our swap either. The Easter goodies were so tasty ;)

      Shame about the Danone yogurts, they sound very disappointing!

      Delete
  4. Happy 2nd blogversary :) I've been reading this blog for a good while now and I love it, never commented before but this is a good time to change that :)

    Was in my local co-op the other day and noticed these, now I know they're good I'll make sure to buy them :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Julia! It's so lovely to hear that you enjoy the blog :) And thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, I really do appreciate it.

      Let me know what you think of these desserts if you try them :)

      Delete
    2. Right, here's my opinion on these after just finishing a pot...very sweet and delicious! :) Very good indeed *double thumbs up*

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...