7 Mar 2014

Review: Kingsmill Sun-dried Tomato & Herb Bagels


I always seem to veer towards sweet flavoured bagels rather than the savoury varieties. Most times I'd choose a blueberry bagel over say, an onion one. Despite that, these Kingsmill Sun Dried Tomato & Herb bagels caught my eye on my last visit to Asda, It's quite an unusual flavour for a bagel, I don't recall ever seeing a tomato based bagel before.


When it comes to eating a tomato and herb bagel, there is only one potential filling... cheese! I mean this thing is just asking to be popped under the grill with some melted cheese on top. Instant bagel pizzas! The bagels themselves have a lovely flavour, the sun dried tomato is distinctive and robust, and even the herbs (basil and oregano) come through well alongside the tomato. And these bagels really do provide the perfect base for cheese. Once they were grilled with some cheddar on top they tasted wonderful, the kids could not get enough of their delicious pizza like flavour. They also work well toasted, but I wouldn't recommend them "raw" as they were quite dense in texture before being heated up. 

Grocery Gems Verdict: Kingsmill Tomato & Herb Bagels

RATING: 8 out of 10.

Buy them again?: Yes - already been back for more!
Nutrition
: 224 calories per bagel.

Purchased: Asda.
Price: £1.00p (pack of four bagels).

3 comments:

  1. Oh wow, these sound lovely!
    Thank you for sharing :D

    Also thank you for following my blog, it means a lot to me :)

    YUMMY★うんち

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcome Unchi! And thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment, I really appreciate it :)

      Delete
  2. The opnly bagle we like, Asda has deleted them, where now can we get them?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...