14 Dec 2013

Review: Marks & Spencer Dulce de Leche Truffles


This review is going to be rather short and sweet. There isn't much I can say about these without repeating the words delicious and perfection about a million times. Simply put, if I had to choose one chocolate to eat this Christmas it would be these M&S The Collection Dulce de Leche Truffles Rolled in Almond Pieces. I'll stick to calling them Dulce de Leche Truffles from now on though! These are milk chocolate truffles that are covered in almond pieces and filled with a Spanish dulce de leche caramel.


Marks & Spencer is often seen as a high end place to do your grocery shopping, and from their appearance, these truffles immediately made me think of a higher quality version of a Ferrero Rocher! 


I was lucky enough to receive these as a thank you gift recently, and as a fan of Argentina's famous dulce de leche confection, they couldn't have made a better choice for me. These chocolates are absolutely perfect, from the crunchy almond coating to the creamy sweet milk chocolate, to the star of the show, the rich and flavourful dulce de leche filling. They're very sweet, and also quite pricey, but I still can't give these anything less than a perfect score, I just found them utterly delicious.

Grocery Gems Verdict: M&S Dulce de Leche Truffles

RATING: 10 out of 10.
Buy them again?: Yes.
Vegetarian: Suitable for vegetarians.
Purchased: M&S.
Price: £5 for a 125g box.

6 comments:

  1. ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
    ░░░▄██▄██▄░░▄██▄██▄░░░
    ░░░▀██▄██▀░░▀██▄██▀░░░
    ░░░░░▀█▀░░░░░░▀█▀░░░░░
    ░░░▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄░░░
    ░░░░▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀░░░░

    Vine a visitar tu blog... y a dejarte una sonrisa.

    B E S O S
    K I S S
    P E T O N E T S

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. I hope they still sell them after Christmas. I may need to stock up! :)

      Delete
  3. M&S do their own Ferreo Rocher type chocolates called Operetta. They're absolutely gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...