7 Oct 2013

The Chia Co - Chia Oil


The Chia Co are already well known for their Chia Seeds and healthy ready made Chia Pod desserts, which I've previously reviewed. Like the Chia Pods and Chia Seeds, their Chia Oil is also available from Whole Foods Markets. Chia Oil is a pure and natural plant oil that is a rich source of Omega 3 (60%) and Omega 6 (20%). I've already been adding Chia Seeds to my morning porridge, as it's such an easy way to boost the antioxidant, protein and fibre content, so I couldn't wait to give the Chia Oil a try too. It's simple to use by adding to smoothies or even drizzled over meals, and especially salads.


I really didn't know what to expect from the flavour of the Chia Oil but I was pleased to find that it's extremely mild. It won't affect or overpower the taste of the dish that it's added to, it just gives a lovely light dressing.


So far we've mainly tried it on cous cous, salads, and vegetables, and each time it's been fantastic. The flavour is very simple but it satisfies that need to add a garnish or dressing to a salad (I can't eat dry salads!), and it's good to know that it also provides me with some extra nutritional benefits.

The Chia Co is actually an Australian company which was set up in 2001 and is now the world's larger producer of premium quality Chia seed. All their farms located in the ideal climate conditions of Western Australia. Take a look at their website for more info and further recipe ideas: www.thechiaco.com.au

Grocery Gems Verdict: Chia Oil

RATING: 8.5 out of 10.
Buy them again?: Yes. 
Purchased: Available from Whole Foods Market.
Price: £15.39

I was sent this product in order to write an honest review and all opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...