3 Oct 2013

Review: Ritter Sport Pfefferminz (Peppermint)


It's fair to say that I haven't yet encountered a Ritter Sport chocolate bar that I didn't like, so I was very pleased to receive this Pfefferminz Ritter Sport from the fab folks at Monster Sweets. I'm always keen to try the latest winter editions from Ritter Sport (especially the new Caramel Orange!) but in the meantime there are lots of bars from their standard range that I've never tried, including this Peppermint variety.


As soon as I opened the packaging I could smell the fresh scent of the minty chocolate. It's immediately mouth watering! I had expected this bar to have a soft fondant type filling, similar to that within an After Eight mint, but actually the filling is quite solid, more like a Fry's Cream.


The outer dark chocolate is lovely and sweet, it's not bitter or tasteless like plain chocolate can sometimes be, and it's rich cocoa flavour manages to hold it's own against the minty goodness within. The filling itself is completely delicious, it has a smooth flavour that starts off delicately minty and builds in intensity, but never becomes too overpowering. I was genuinely surprised by just how much I wanted to eat in one sitting! The gentle and slightly creamy minty flavour makes this a highly enjoyable mint and dark chocolate combination.

Check out Monsters Sweets online to view their full range of US and European chocolates and sweets.

I was sent me this product for an honest review but all views expressed are my own. 

Grocery Gems Verdict: Ritter Sport Pfefferminz

RATING: 8.5 out of 10.
Buy them again?: Yes.
Purchased: Available at Monster Sweets.
Price: £1.75p.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...