1 Oct 2013

Review: M&S Hot Toffee Apple Pudding Bake


I always try to have a delicious dessert in the house on a Tuesday night. The Great British Bake Off always makes me crave a baked treat and this Hot Toffee Apple Pudding Bake from M&S looked like it would be the perfect accompaniment. It's a dessert that's been available from M&S before but I've not seen it in my local store until recently.


It's quite a small bake, and only takes 10 minutes in the oven to warm through, but was enough to provide four decent servings. It's made up of a Bramley apple compote layer on the bottom, a moist toffee sponge in the centre, all topped with a rich toffee sauce and extra fudge pieces. The whole thing is extremely sweet, possible a bit too sweet  for me, but is still very tasty. All the elements are perfectly executed as you would expect from Marks & Spencer and it does make a satisfying dessert.

In other news, I've just seen that M&S have created a "Peanut Butter Heaven Dessert" with a shortbread base, caramel sauce and peanut butter layer. I know what I'll be getting for my fix next Tuesday then!

Grocery Gems Verdict: M&S Hot Toffee Apple Pudding Bake

RATING: 7.5 out of 10.
Buy them again?: I would recommend it.
Purchased: M&S.
Price: £2.99.

8 comments:

  1. Mmmm.... this looks amazing! Perfect for Halloween/Bonfire night!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed - apple desserts are just so perfect at this time of year!

      Delete
  2. Looks lovely...but oh wow that peanut butter one sounds like heaven!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really does! Just a shame that I didn't know about it before I bought this Toffee Apple one!

      Delete
  3. I love this dessert too! I generally prefer chocolaty things but this makes a nice change and is such comfort food on a cold winters evening! The peanut butter dessert sounds awesome, look forward to your review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Comfort food is a great way to describe this. Apple Crumble is probably my utltimate comfort food anyway, so this one is pretty close to that!

      I thought the Peanut Butter one would be right up your street! If you see it then I look forward to your review too :D

      Delete
  4. I await a Peanut Butter Heaven Dessert review please!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Consider it done! .... Hopefully very soon!

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...