13 Oct 2013

Review: Cadbury Dairy Milk with Daim


Another new product from Cadbury Dairy Milk which already exists in a similar format under the Milka brand. Apparently the Milka & Daim will be disappearing in the UK to make way for this new Cadbury version. I've never tried the Milka & Daim bar, so I'll be trying to get my hands on one before they vanish altogether, especially since I recently enjoyed the delicious Milka Daim Snax from Germany.


I love the combination of Daim pieces and this kind of sweet, creamy chocolate, so I had high expectations for this Dairy Milk with Daim. And I'm glad to say that it didn't disappoint. This is one of those bars that just disappeared within nanoseconds of me opening it up and sharing it out with my family, everyone wanted a second piece, then another... The tasty Daim pieces, with their crunchy texture, and caramel, slightly almondy flavour, just worked so well against the smooth Dairy Milk chocolate.


There were quite a few Daim pieces throughout the chocolate bar, the ingredients list them as 20%. I did find that the actual Daim flavour was not as strongly defined as I would have expected, but the buttery caramel flavour was still enough to create a deliciously sweet treat.

Grocery Gems Verdict: Cadbury Dairy Milk with Daim

RATING: 8 out of 10
Buy them again?: Yes.
Nutrition (per 3 chunks): 80 calories
.
Vegetarian: Not Suitable (*updated).
Purchased: Co-Op.
Price (120g bar): £1.00.


7 comments:

  1. These are fantastic bars! By the way you can still get Milka with Daim from some discount stores but they're a bit hard to find now. Home Bargains sometimes do them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It really is great, up there with the Dairy Milk Oreo for me.

    Thanks for the heads up Kev, I'll look out for the Milka with Daim in the discount stores. I have a feeling I've seen them in WHSmith recently too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Katherine,

    Is this bar suitable for vegetarians? If so, I'm overjoyed as I don't think Daim is but I remember eating Daim as a kid and it is amazoid!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many apologies, my initial information was incorrect. It's not suitable for vegetarians.

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm really upset that they've gotten rid of the milka daim, I love it. I'm not really a fan of dairy milk so I doubt I'll get this. Will just have to stick to daim bars..not that that's a bad thing really ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't say I dislike this chocolate but there is way too much chocolate for the Daim pieces. Also the chocolate on a Daim bar tastes to be of a way better quality - I definitely just prefer Daim bars as they are.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...