6 Sept 2013

Metcalfe's Skinny Popcorn - Sweet Cinnamon Spice


I've been wanting to try this Sweet Cinnamon Spice popcorn for some time now so I was pleased to finally find it in a local Tesco. It's not just in my absolute favourite popcorn flavour, cinnamon, but it's also a lighter version with only 117 calories in the whole bag.


The popcorn is excellent quality with lots of light, and fluffy pieces with just the right amount of crunchiness. Each piece has a perfect dusting of the cinnamon flavouring - a combination of cinnamon, sugar and cream. I loved the sweet flavour of the cinnamon, it's not too spicy or overly strong - it's just delicious. I have no idea why cinnamon is such an underused flavour in mainstream popcorn (in the UK), but it's a real shame since it's such a great combination. It works brilliantly here in the Metcalfe's Skinny Sweet Cinnamon Spice and I'll definitely be buying it again in the future.

Grocery Gems Verdict: Metcalfe's Sweet Cinnamon Spice

RATING: 9 out of 10
Buy them again?: Yes!
Nutrition (25g): 117 calories
.
Vegetarian: Suitable for Vegetarians.
Purchased: Tesco.
Price: £0.79.


7 comments:

  1. These sound right up my street, I'm a major fan of cinnamon flavoured snacks! I'll keep my eye out for them next time I go to the cinema.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, absolutely adore cinnamon. You'll love these :)

      Delete
  2. Hi! I wrote a review on this only yesterday! :) Great stuff isn't it? I love the range too. By the way, I love your website! I'm a fledgling reviewer myself and admire your dedication to trying new foods. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Just Jules! Thank you for the lovely comment. Best of luck with the new blog - it sounds like you love new snacks and I can't wait to read more of your reviews :)

      Delete
  3. I absolutely love popcorn and metcalfes has to be my favourite brand by far, isn't the cinnamon just delicious! I am desperate to try the chocolate flavour, it sounds so yummy
    Great review as always

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is delicious, and so much better than I was expecting from a "skinny" brand. I'll have to try more of the range!

      Thanks for the comment :)

      Delete
  4. Mmm I love cinnamon and I love Metcalfe's sweet n salty so think this will be the next one I'll buy!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...