7 Sept 2013

Haribo Happy Cola - With Liquid Filling!


If you follow me on Twitter you may have seen THIS photo of a fantastic parcel of snacks I received from Steffi, a lovely reader from Germany. Steffi had suggested a "Grocery Exchange" of products, and I was absolutely overwhelmed by the delectable parcel of German goodies that I received. I'm obviously quite childish because the first product I had to try was the Haribo Happy Cola Mit flüssiger Füllung - which translates as with a liquid filling.



Haribo Happy Cola is readily available in the UK but I've never come across this filled version before. The cola bottle shaped sweets look absolutely fantastic with their slightly darker centres. It gives the sweet an almost glass bottle effect. These cola bottles also differ from the standard Happy Cola by being foam-backed sweets - having a squidgier, softer white layer on the back. I love this type of sweet and I have to admit to being the type of person who always takes the foam-backed sweets in a pack of Haribo first!



Cut in half, the liquid centre within the cola bottle is clearly visible. As my kids quickly discovered, biting off the top of the bottle is the quickest way to squeeze out the juicy goodness inside. The flavour is of a super sweet cola sweet, rather than a fizzy sour one, with even more sugary sweetness from the liquid centre. It's such a simple idea but it's act of complete genius on Haribo's part. They've put cola liquid INSIDE a cola bottle - exactly where it belongs. Bravo Haribo. The only problem is this - I don't think I will ever be able to eat a standard boring non-filled cola bottle sweet ever again. Ever. 



JUST LOOK AT IT! I couldn't resist adding the above photo even though the filling is not really as liquid as that would suggest - it's more gooey. However, I can still categorically state that these Haribo Happy Cola Mit flüssiger Füllung were amazing and I LOVED them. 

A big Thank You to the wonderful Steffi for sending me these :)

Grocery Gems Verdict: Haribo Happy Cola Mit flüssiger Füllung

RATING: 10 out of 10.
Buy them again?: BUY THEM! 
Nutrition (per 100g serving): 336 calories.


5 comments:

  1. Wow, these sound amazing! I loooove cola bottle sweets but never imagined they'd ever do a liquid filled one. Let's hope Haribo bring them to the UK :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful review! You are more than welcome! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks again Steffi! Such a fantastic product and there's lots more to come from the lovely parcel you sent :)

      Delete
  3. You can buy them in the UK from Cybercandy.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...