9 Jun 2013

The Collective Dairy Banoffi Review - Live Gourmet Yogurt


The Collective Dairy range of live gourmet yogurts can be found at many large supermarkets, including Sainsbury's, Tesco and Waitrose. These individual yogurts are made using the finest West Country milk and are gluten free, suitable for vegetarians and free from any artificial colours, flavours or preservatives. There are a variety of flavours available in 170g tubs, including this Banoffi and the Apple + Spice.


The Banoffi is described as "thick and creamy live yogurt with a double layer of delicious banana and toffee sauce". Being a fan of banana flavoured yogurts I was eager to give this "gourmet" one a try.


I have to start by saying that I loved everything about this yogurt, it was simply divine. The banana and toffee sauce is especially good, easily the best I've tasted in a yogurt or a dessert. I could just eat that on it's own! It's fruity, with a buttery smooth caramel flavour, and is decadent without being too sweet. There's a generous portion of the sauce too, with separate layers on the side and bottom of the yogurt. The yogurt itself is creamy and thick but still has a tangy flavour to contrast with the rich sauce. I was a bit hesitant about spending £1.00 on a single pot of yogurt but this one was worth every penny.

My husband tried the Apple + Spice at work and it definitely got the thumbs up from him too. I'm going to have to buy some more to try that one for myself!

Many thanks to @Banjo_Chocolate who spotted this new range!

Grocery Gems Verdict: The Collective Dairy Banoffi

RATING: 10 out of 10.
Buy them again?: Yes.
Nutrition (per 100g): 147 calories, 5.4g fat, 19.0 sugars. 
Vegetarian: Suitable for vegetarians.
Purchased: Sainsbury's.
Price: £1.00p each or 3 for £2.00.


2 comments:

  1. I keep seeing these in shops and always wonder how they taste. After reading your review I think I'll have to give them a try! The banoffee one sounds great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kev. I really hadn't noticed them before BC mentioned them. They're delicious though and well worth a try!

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...