28 May 2013

Border Biscuits Launches Big Baking Bonanza!


It probably won't surprise any of you that I'm a big fan of BBC show The Great British Bake Off. I was excited to hear that one of my favourite biscuit brands, Border Biscuits, has teamed up with Tesco and GBBO finalist James Morton to launch a nationwide search for the best biscuit recipe in Britain.

The Big Baking Bonanza is open to any amateur baker and the winner will receive £2000 and a place on a fantastic baking course - BUT the best bit is that the winning recipe will be turned into a limited edition new product by Border Biscuits, which will go sale in Tesco!

I really enjoyed watching James Morton, known for his favourite Fair Isle tank tops, on the Great British Bake Off - he had a great flair for inspired flavour combinations. About the Big Baking Bonanza James said: "If you're a lover of home baking and like to experiment with delicious ingredients, textures and tastes, then this could be your chance to show off your skills. We're searching for the best innovative, creative and delicious biscuit recipe to join the Border Biscuits family."


I'm sure many of you have some lovely family biscuit recipes to share. Personally, I would enter my recipe for vegan oat cookies - they're super simple to make, absolutely delicious (well I think so!) and can be modified to be nutty, chocolately, fruity - whatever you fancy :)

I can't wait to see what the winning biscuit will be and I'll make sure to review it here on Grocery Gems!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...