25 Apr 2013

Ritter Sport Kokos (Coconut)


Ritter Sport have chosen an exotic coconut cream flavour as their new "Variety of the Year" bar for 2013. As an ardent coconut fan, the Kokos sounds like a very worthy recipient of that title! It was very kindly sent to me by Monster Sweets, who stock lots of hard to find Ritter Sport bars and other tasty products from around the world. I love the turquoise wrapper for the Ritter Sport Kokos, it's a very simple look but one that instantly gives it a glorious summer look and tropical feel.


The Ritter Sport Kokos is described as an "Alpine milk chocolate with a coconut milk cream filling and crispy coconut flakes". This all sounds completely heavenly to me, and once I opened up the wrapper the delicious coconut aroma was immediately evident.


I always prefer coconut when it's actually combined with chocolate, rather than by itself in a sugary Bounty type filling. Thankfully the Ritter Sport Kokos is exactly what I would want from a coconut bar and it's simply one of the best chocolates I've ever eaten. The coconut centre is encased in a fluffy white layer which looks and smells sensational from the outset. It tastes similar to a smooth white chocolate, but one that is fully imbued with coconut flavour. This white filling is extremely creamy and indulgent, and proves to be the perfect base for the strong and sweet coconut. Within this, there are also lots of toasted coconut pieces, that are notable for their lovely crunchy texture. Each little piece seemed to provide another extra burst of coconut flavour.


The sweet inner filling is complimented by being surrounded by the Alpine milk chocolate; it provides a rich cocoa flavour with caramel undertones that is an ideal partner for the coconut layer. I don't hesitate in giving this Ritter Sport Koko a 10 out of 10;  for me, it's not just Ritter Sport's "Variety of the Year", it's also the best Ritter Sport bar I have ever tried, and without question my favourite chocolate of the year so far.

Monster Sweets kindly sent me this product for an honest review but all views expressed are my own.

Grocery Gems Verdict: Ritter Sport Kokos

RATING: 10 out of 10.
Buy them again?: Yes!

Price: £1.55p.


10 comments:

  1. Aw thanks for the mention Katherine :) This is a really great bar isn't it, I could just eat one right about now! I don't know if you've tried the Espresso flavour yet but that one is pretty amazing too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, I forgot to say - I found the Coconut Macaroon Ritter Sport in a newsagent recently, one of the last ones they had! It wasn't as nice as this one though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well done, that's a hard one to find! It's quite a similar bar, but I agree, the Kokos is much nicer. The centre layer is just so creamy and the coconut flavour is more intense too.

      I'll look out for the Espresso one, that sounds amazing. Actually I've hardly reviewed any Ritter Sport bars so I'm looking forward to trying out some more. I still really want to try the Crema Catalana after your review! Have you tried the Noisette? It's pure Nutella lol :)

      Delete
    2. I haven't...is it the same one as "nugat"? If not I'll have to try it soon, anything nutella-like is sure to be amazing! I'd also recommend the white choc and cornflakes Ritter Sport - it's verrry addictive!

      Delete
    3. It's not the same as the nugatcreme but it sounds similar. The one I tried is completely smooth and quite soft.

      The white choc & cornflakes one looks so gooood. ! I've heard very good things about their milk choc cornflake bar too. Definitely one on my "must try" list!

      Delete
  3. I love Ritter Sport! You can buy also pack with mini chocolate bar's and you can try a lot of kinds :) In Poland I live close to Germany so we have no problem to buy them and when I was on holiday in Berlin I was going back to home with shoe box full of Ritter Sport chocolate :D This website seems to be mint I need to try this coconut chocolate and some another sweets...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha if I ever go to Germany I think I'll be bringing a whole suitcase full of chocolate back with me :D

      The website shop is great though, they have lots of Milka too, yum!

      Delete
  4. I want to go to the Ritter Sport shop in Berlin, you also get to create your own chocolate there

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds fantastic to me - I'd love to create my own chocolate bar! What flavour would you go for?

      Delete
  5. I'd love to visit the Ritter Sport shop in Berlin too, I think id make a Ritter Sport Caramel nut with whole almonds. Not sure if it would work well but id love to just be there.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...