27 Mar 2013

Kettle Chips Mozzarella & Pesto Review


I love Kettle Chips and was pleased to see this new Mozzarella & Pesto "Seasonal Edition". All the products in the Kettle Chips range are hand cooked and seasoned with real ingredients - there's nothing artificial in these crisps at all.


I'm a fan of both mozzarella and pesto but I don't think I have ever seen this combination as a crisp flavour. Mozzarella is a very creamy and mild flavoured cheese which is often used on pizza - it's a great base for stronger flavours, such as those found in a classic pesto.


The crisps have the same great look as you would expect from Kettle Chips - golden in colouring and very generously seasoned. The dominant flavour is the pesto, especially from the basil and garlic. The cheese flavour is delicious too, it's creamy and mild but still strong enough to make these cheesy crisps. The creaminess from the cheese and strong herby notes from the pesto make this flavour an interesting twist on a classic cheese crisp flavour. If you love cheese and onion crisps then I'm sure you will also enjoy these!

Usually I love anything with the words Limited Edition because it hopefully indicates something new and a bit different, but in this case I hope this "Seasonal Edition" flavour is here to stay. In the meantime I'll definitely be picking up a few more bags from Waitrose.

Grocery Gems Verdict: Kettle Chips Mozzarella & Pesto

RATING: 8.5 out of 10.
Buy them again?: Definitely.
Nutrition (per 100g)
506 calories. 6.6g protein, 51.3g carbs, 3.1g sugar, 29.2g fat.
Purchased: Waitrose.
Price: £1.99p (currently on a buy one get one free offer!)


5 comments:

  1. ooo anything cheesy and pesto is just delicious! Kettle crisps are so nommy too, so these sound delicious! Gotta keep my eye open for these, for sure...especially when Italian is my fav cuisine, think I might just love these haha! Great review, Katherine! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lovely Becca! It sounds like these crisps might be perfect for you then... definitely great if you like Italian food :D

      Delete
  2. Such an unusual flavour, what a change from your standard cheese and onion! I was in M&S today and spotted some things I hadn't seen before which may be of interest. Mint walnut whips and a new range of share sized bagged chocolates- quite a selection including fudge and raisin clusters, chocolate coated honeycomb chunks and minstrel looking ones. Also in M&S look out for these amazing tutti frutti grapes, amazing tasting and never seen them since. They come in a small pack and have a sort of mottled look about them. Have a lovely Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really have to start shopping in bigger supermarkets and Waitrose! I can never find the stuff you find...

    I want to try this flavour!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These sound lovely and I love Kettle Chips, I will definitely be on the look out for these.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...