27 Nov 2012

New Ritter Sport Coconut Macaroon Review (Winter Edition)



Ritter Sport have released a Winter Edition collection for the Christmas season 2012. The Ritter Sport Coconut Macaroon is a combination of freshly baked coconut macaroons with milk chocolate and crispy rice flakes.


The chocolate has the distinctive squared shape of the rest of the Ritter Sport range and comes in a the same 100g format. It's a very decently sized bar which is very appealing.


The milk chocolate covering on this chocolate is just delicious. It has a lovely smooth taste with real depth of cocoa flavour. On their website, Ritter Sport describe the chocolate used for this bar, as a finely blended mixture of cocoa from West Africa, Nicaragua, Papua New Guinea and Madagascar. The chocolate flavour manages to hold it's own against the rich taste of the filling.


In the photo above I've cut the chocolate across the middle of the pieces, rather than on the natural break, so that you can really see the filling. The "milk creme" base is very sweet and smooth with a very subtle vanilla flavour. This is mostly overshadowed by the intense coconut flavour of within the macaroon pieces. There is also a baked biscuity flavour which is completely delicious and stops this from being a purely coconut bar.


There is also the ubiquitous "crisped rice" ingredient in this chocolate bar. I think every Ritter chocolate I have tried recently has contained crisped rice!  Actually it does add a nice crunchy texture to the whole chocolate which I think benefits the texture.

The flavours in this bar are very good. It's a very sweet chocolate bar but I enjoyed the unique flavour combination of chocolate with coconut biscuit. If you manage to find the Ritter Sport Coconut Macaroon in the UK then it is certainly worth a try. I can't wait to try more from this range!

The other Winter Editions by Ritter Sport are Dark Praline Creme and Caramelised Almonds.

Dark Praline Creme




Caramelised Almonds



What do you think of the Ritter Sport Winter Editions range?



12 comments:

  1. I bought all three last week, but still I haven't tried any of them. I found Desobry biscuits and Gubor chocolate figures to be more interesting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those sound very interesting, I will keep my eye out for them.

      I'd love to know what you think of the Ritter chocolates when you have tried them :)

      Delete
  2. Ooh this sounds delicious! I really wish Ritter chocolate was more available in the UK.
    I noticed recently that Lidl have started selling huge Ritter Sport bars but only in limited flavours. The whole hazelnuts one is delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these! I usually find them in newsagents near underground stations and Turkish shops.

    The Marzipan is my favourite. I wish they'd release one in orange Marzipan. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the way you think! I don't think I have tried the marzipan, I'll keep an eye out for that one :)

      Delete
    2. The winter editions for 2010 and 2011 did contain an Orange Marzipan bar and it was my favourite of the range. I also liked it better than any of the bars in the current range (out of which I liked the Dark Praline Creme best).

      Up to and including 2009, the winter editions had bars with boozy fillings (Amaretto, Jamaica Rum, Egg Liqueur, Williams, Cointreau, Vanilla Liqueur)... and I really miss that. Nothing they make these days can beat those bars for me...

      Delete
    3. Wow there are some fantastic bars on those links. I'm loving the Speculoos biscuit one, I wish they would bring that back!

      I haven't managed to find the Dark Praline Creme yet, hopefully I will soon...

      Delete
  4. I want to try this even more now, it sounds sooooo good! All 3 of the bars really appeal to me, I keep seeing the strawberry yogurt one (yuk) but haven't managed to find any of these yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a good collection this time isn't it? I really want to try the Caramelised Almonds one next!

      Delete
  5. i buy these very often, every visit to romania infact. They're available now in Sainsbury's in limited varieties.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...