12 Nov 2012

Arden & Amici Soft Amaretti


A few weeks ago I blogged about the fantastic Almond and Chocolate Chunk Biscotti from Arden & Amici. I've since become well and truly hooked on them. They are just perfect with a fresh cup of coffee. Yes, I'm a complete coffee addict too. I decided to try these Soft Amaretti from Waitrose for £2.19 as an alternative to the delicious biscotti. Amaretti are small almond biscuits with a lovely light texture on the inside and slightly chewy outer layer, no wonder they are often described as Italian macaroons.


As soon as I opened the inner packaging I could smell the intense almond scent. I wish my photos had some kind of smell-o-vision so that I could share the strong aroma of the sweet almond. The flavour itself lives up to the powerful scent, this almond really packs a punch. Apparently "Amaretti" is Italian for ‘little bitter things’, hence Amaretti biscuits are traditionally made using bitter almonds. The result is a biscuit that is sweet but with a distinct bite.


It turns out that the Soft Amaretti are also the perfect accompaniment for coffee, the flavours of almond and intense espresso are sensational together. If you don't like coffee then Arden & Amici also have plenty of other suggestions for these Soft Amaretti such as crumbling them over a dessert or using them as a base for a trifle.

And on the subject of Arden & Amici I will be reviewing their complete range of gorgeous Italian Christmas products, from Pannetone to Ricciarelli, very soon.


6 comments:

  1. I love Amaretti biscuits! They are also really nice in a Creme Brûlée.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Hannah, that's a fantastic idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow just Wow! You weren't kidding about the smell. I bought a pack after reading your review and they were just delish!

    I can't wait to see yore review of the Arden & Amici Pannetone. Pannetone is a household favourite at Christmas time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! They are WOW aren't they?

      Check back soon for my review of the Arden & Amici Italian Festive Bakery range.

      Delete
  4. The Amaretti and Biscotti are perfect. I travel to Italy 2 to 3 times a year and enjoy an espresso from the small cafes dotted around. The Arden & Amici ones are just like the ones I have in Italy. Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My son in law bought me a nespresso machine for my birthday. The Amaretti biscuits are a perfect accompaniment. So delicious! There is nothing else like them out there.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...