30 Jun 2012

Kellogg's Special K Milk Chocolate Chewy Delight cereal bars




I often buy multipacks of cereal bars to keep as handy snacks on the go. I try to go for bars with under 100 calories and luckily there is a lot of choice out there in this category. These new Special K Chewy Delight Milk Chocolate bars ticked that box for me by having only 95 calories per bar. They also tick another important box - no raisins! I'm not a fan of raisins in cereal bars so these Special K looked perfect.


These bars are advertised as being 'divine, delicious and delightful'. They looked very tasty with a thick layer of chocolate along the bottom, the layer of cereals, and more chocolate drizzled over the top. I was very surprised when I first took a bite just how richly chocolaty they tasted. I had to double check that they weren't made in conjunction with Cadbury's because the chocolate parts are very reminiscent of Dairy Milk. I couldn't quite believe I was eating a low calorie treat because this is just as satisfying as a chocolate bar.

They also have the benefit of being high in fibre, and contain oats which make them very filling. Often cereal bars are just a sugary rush that leave you feeling more hungry as a result, but these were not overly sweet or sickly at all. I will definitely be buying these again and can't wait to try the new Dark Chocolate variety as well. The only negative point is not to do with taste but with the multipack itself. There are only 4 cereal bars in this pack and I would usually expect there to be 5 or 6 in a multipack. Good thing these are on special offer in Tesco at the moment for £1 for the 4 pack so I might just have to stock up!


1 comment:

  1. Might have to try some of these. 4 bars per pack is a bit stingy!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...