14 May 2012

Schwartz Chicken and Chorizo Gratin recipe mix

 


Schwartz have released a new range of Limited Edition recipe mixes for the summer. I don't usually buy packet mixes but I was intrigued to try the Chicken & Chorizo Gratin, as I often use these ingredients but never in an oven baked dish. The spice mix contains paprika, garlic, onion, tomato powder, salt, as well as different herbs, such as Oregano and Thyme. There are no artificial flavours or MSG. The recipe requires 450g chicken breast, 100g chorizo, 1 onion, 1 tin of tomatoes, water, tomato puree, 1 courgette, 1 pepper, 50g cheddar cheese and 100g breadcrumbs. 

The recipe was very simple to follow. I made my own breadcrumbs with wholemeal bread (which is why my picture looks darker than the packet) and also added olives into the bake. I used passata instead of the tinned tomatoes as I just prefer the flavour and consistency of passata. Once prepared the whole lot went in the oven for 20 minutes.

The finished product was absolutely delicious. I served it with a tomato and spring onion salad and home made potato wedges. The chicken was incredibly moist and tender. My kids loved the breadcrumb cheese topping and the whole thing was wolfed down in a flash. The sauce was very tasty with a sublte paprika, garlic and herb flavour.


I will definitely be making this again. Next time I would serve it with crusty bread, as there was quite a lot of lovely sauce to mop up at the end. 

I also like the look of the new Schwartz Coronation Chicken mix, with it's Jubilee inspired packaging. I usually don't buy coronation chicken because of the raisins, which my husband hates, so I can now make my own and leave the raisins out. There are four new varieties in this range in total.







3 comments:

  1. Sounds delicious. Can't wait to see the coronation Chicken review. I think you should sneak some raisins in and see if your husband notices! ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. He can spot a raisin from the next room! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have tried it twice but didn't buy enough to go through the winter, shame on Schwartz for not making this mix available year round

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...