16 May 2012

PG Tips Limited Edition Diamond Jubilee Tin


When I was a child my Mum had a huge collection of vintage tins lining the tops of all our kitchen cabinets. There were elaborate biscuit tins made by Cadburys to celebrate the Queen's Coronation in 1953, classic Oxo tins, and many others. My Mum has long since pared down her collection to just a few tins but I think she will be very happy to receive this one made by PG Tips for the Queen's Diamond Jubilee.


It is a very modern design, PG Tips are not going for a retro look with this tin. The Union Flag is in the green and red colours of the PG Tips logo and features Monkey prominently on the front enjoying a cup of tea. The tin has a very celebratory feel with lots of confetti and bunting featured in the design. I have a feeling that a lot of these tins will be appearing on eBay!


Inside the tin you get a regular box of PG Tips 160 tea bags, and obviously the tin will be good storage for your teabags. I bought the tin for £5 from Asda and it looks so cute I'm going to have to buy another one for my Mum and keep this one!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...